"Up there with the best that the UK regional legal market has to offer." "Thames Valley powerhouse!"
The Legal 500 and The Lawyer Magazine
How we run our business is important to our employees, clients and contacts. We believe that we have one of the most effective management teams of any UK law firm.
- Andrew Chalkley (CEO)
- Helen Barnett (Head of HR)
- Paul Brent (Marketing Director)
- Alasdair Sowerby (Head of IT)
- Jeni Carr (Finance Director)
- Steve Fuller (Head of Facilities)
- Steve Brandon (Non Executive Director)
Like many organisations we use a range of tools including benchmarking to learn from others and help us improve. One of the ways we do this is to compare the success of our strategy and performance as well as individual initiatives with those of competitors and other businesses. The aim is to help people and organisations that have an interest in our success gauge how well we are doing, and importantly decide whether we are the right law firm for them.
Awards we have won/been shortlisted for include:
- Regional Law Firm of the Year – three times since 2010
- Mould Breaking Law Firm - Managing Partners Forum/European Practice Management Awards
- Best Managed Law Firm – Legal Business Awards
- Outstanding Management Award - RBS sponsored Thames Valley Business Magazine
- One of the 20 most vibrant law firms in the UK according to Legal Business - no other Thames Valley law firm had been mentioned.
- One of the UK's top six “standout” firms for Innovative Management and a Commendation for Strategy by the Financial Times in its annual Innovative Law Firm review
Other awards our management team has won/been shortlisted for include:
- Client facing legal service of the year award - Legal Technology Awards
- 'One to Watch’ by the Best Company Survey published by the Sunday Times and best law firm to work for in the South East - three years in a row
- Best Branding Campaign - The Lawyer HR Awards
- Employer Branding Award - Personnel Today Awards
- Best Marketing/Business Development Initiative, Marketing Newcomer of the Year, PR Campaign of the Year, Marketing Team of Year and Marketing/Business Development Director of the Year – PSMG Legal Marketing Awards
- Marketing/BD Campaign of the Year - Managing Partners Forum/European Practice Management Awards
- Innovation in Practice Award - Managing Partners Forum/European Practice Management Awards
- Marketing Excellence Award - Professional Services category - Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Awards
- Professional Services Marketing Team of the Year - Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Awards
- Excellence in Marketing and Business Development (three times) - Law Society