The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018.
It represents a significant overhaul of data protection legislation. Did you know that
- the accountability principle will mean that businesses will need to examine how they hold and use data and take steps to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles?
- implied consent is no longer going to be acceptable, nor will opt outs?
- the heavily publicised right to be forgotten will become a reality?
- sanctions for breaches will be significantly higher?
- the ICO has recommended that directors be held personally liable for data breaches?
- processors have direct obligations?
Do you know how GDPR will affect the area that you are responsible for in your business?
Boyes Turner is hosting a series of webinars setting out what you need to know and what you should be doing before May 2018.
6 June - Human resources
29 June - Sales and marketing
20 July - Directors and senior executives
Invitations will be sent out this week for the webinar on 6 June. If you do not receive one and would like to attend, visit our GDPR page to book online.
Call 0118 959 7150 or email [email protected] to find out how Boyes Turner will help ensure your business stays compliant.
Consistent with our policy when giving comment and advice on a non-specific basis, we cannot assume legal responsibility for the accuracy of any particular statement. In the case of specific problems we recommend that professional advice be sought.