Please note that this event has now finished.
Roundtable event for Directors in the leisure and hospitality industry.
The topic will be the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR comes into force in May 2018 and represents a significant overhaul of data protection legislation:
- The accountability principle will mean that businesses will need to examine how they hold and use data and take steps to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles.
- Implied consent is no longer going to be acceptable, nor will opt outs.
- The heavily publicised right to be forgotten will become a reality.
- Sanctions for breaches will be significantly higher.
- The ICO has also recommended that directors be held personally liable for data breaches.
Sarah Williamson, our GDPR expert, will explain some of the key changes and give guidance on what can be done now to get ready – from data mapping, to gap analysis and risk assessment and then the practical implications of the change in the law on a business’ processes and procedures.
GDPR will impact all areas of the business and given the sanctions involved needs to be dealt with at board level. It will be felt particularly by HR, sales & marketing, IT and procurement teams.
For more information, please contact Sarah Williamson