Setting up in a foreign country can be a challenge. Not only does it mean getting to grips with an unfamiliar environment with new rules and regulations, but also dealing with a different culture. Getting expert advice to avoid potential pitfalls is essential.
Boyes Turner's Inward Investment team, led by Mark Blunden, a Partner in the firm's Commercial & Technology group, helps businesses set up and establish themselves in the UK and Europe. The team provides comprehensive legal support and advice on suitable business models, legal structures as well as immigration, employment and real estate. Help is also provided in a range of other commercial areas including partnering, distribution and broader contracting, intellectual property protection, data protection, UK competition law and regulatory compliance. In addition, the team's network of professional advisors including an exclusive international association of law firms (Lawrope) means that businesses setting up in the UK and Europe have a tailor made specialist support package available.
Recent work includes:
- Computer Associates - advising on pan-European software licensing and distribution.
- Ericsson - advising on employment and real estate.
- Kyocera Mita (UK) - advising on pan-European product supply and support strategies.
- Ikon Office Solutions - advising on the delivery of large facilities management solutions and commercial structuring.
- Send Mail International - establishing the UK and EMEA operations including the acquisition of real estate.