Being an HR manager is never easy and this year has been particularly challenging with the unprecedented amount of legislative change we have experienced. If your HR ‘to do’ list for 2014 looks something like this we look forward to hearing from you...
- Review contracts of employment – need to look at business protection issues, confidentiality and intellectual property also what are our current notice periods?
- Review and update Employee Handbook - Update flexible working policy following planned universal flexible working in April 2014
- Speak to lawyers about Policy Tracker
- Really MUST deal with that long term sickness case...
- Train managers on equality and diversity – well all employment issues! Speak to CFO about a training budget and get dates in the diary (think about webinars…
- Must get to grips with proposed 2014 TUPE changes [HELP - What is TUPE anyway????]
- Have we updated our Compromise (sorry) Settlement Agreement?
- Book an employment law update course!! (check Boyes Turner’s website for forthcoming events)
Really, really have to deal with that long term sick employee…
- Oh, must send out Equal Opps and Harassment policies to all staff before Christmas Party – and put a copy on the Staff Notice board
- Cancel milk before office closed for the holiday!
Thank you to all our readers and we wish you a peaceful Christmas and a prosperous New Year. We will be back in January with a ‘what to expect’ for the year ahead.
Consistent with our policy when giving comment and advice on a non-specific basis, we cannot assume legal responsibility for the accuracy of any particular statement. In the case of specific problems we recommend that professional advice be sought.