Training & Membership subscriptions: responsible for booking and payment of courses, events professional membership subscriptions, renewal invoices and related administration.
Solicitors Regulation Authority for all lawyers. Provide an overview of professional qualifications to trainee solicitors, trainee legal executives and provide information regarding different routes to qualify as a Solicitor.
Benefit administration relating to life insurance, private medical cover, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work schemes.
Update employee information on firm’s HR database with changes relating to;
· Those joining, leaving and changes during employment.
· Absence updates (sick leave, compassionate leave, study leave etc.)
· Co-ordination of the holiday booking process: dealing with queries and administration relating to holidays & unpaid leave and update payroll.
· Review monthly system error report detailing holiday requests that remain in a pending status and notify individuals & monitor workflow for any incomplete holiday requests. Update HR database annually with holiday entitlement for part-time employees & pro-rated bank holidays. Update HR database with bank holidays/office closure days.
Newsletter emails responsible for drafting (content normally provided by heads of team) and sending monthly newsletters to firm.
· Training news
· HR Monthly News
· Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
· Central Service team & Partner update
Quarterly Performance reviews; ensure employees complete quarterly reviews on time, update job descriptions and provide an update to Head of HR for those outstanding.
Arrange informal work experience placements and related administration.
· Organise gifts, flowers etc. as and when required
· Organise e-gift cards for weddings/maternity leave/retirement.
· Administration of Long Service Awards on monthly basis & send e-gift cards.Organise e-gift cards for weddings/maternity leave/retirement.
25 days holiday
Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution and the employee pays 4%
Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
Ability to join fee earner bonus scheme
Travel season ticket loan scheme available
Cycle to work scheme available
1 x Head of HR
1 x HR Officer
1 x HR Officer and Talent Acquisition
1 x HR Assistant
1 x Learning & Development Officer
Boyes Turner’s Employment team is ranked in Tier 1 by Legal 500. Its partners are recognized as experts in their field. The Group is innovative and seeking to find ways of developing its offering and services to clients harnessing all modern technologies.
The team is looking to recruit at least two enthusiastic and bright candidates. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients local, national and international. Given the structure of the team there will be, in time, real opportunities to progress.
Boyes Turner is a well-known, successful and respected Commercial law firm named in both Legal 500 and Chambers guides. Excellent working conditions and a modern, forward thinking, friendly team.
Apply for this role
We have been voted as the leading UK regional law firm to work for in the South East by the Best Company Survey published by the Sunday Times in 2006 and best law firm to work for in the South East for three years in a row.