Commercial Property Solicitor 1-4 years PQE
Property team structure
Team of 16 (Plus a team of 11 undertaking residential work)
- 4 x Partners
- 1 x Director
- 2 x Senior Associate Solicitors
- 1 x Associate Solicitor
- 1 x Solicitors
- 1 x Paralegal
- 1 x Legal Assistant
- 5 x Secretaries
Supported by Property Dispute Resolution team
Boyes Turner is looking to recruit a junior lawyer into its Commercial Property Team.
The Team is ranked in the top tier of Legal 500 and is one of the leading commercial property teams in the Thames Valley.
The overall team offers a full range of property services for a variety of clients across not only the Thames Valley and South East but nationally and internationally. Work includes advising on general commercial property transactions, development, secured lending, planning, construction and residential conveyancing. The Team also supports the Firm’s Corporate and Insolvency Teams.
The role is to support the commercial property part of the team led by Nick Carter including freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, new lease and lease renewals and portfolio management for occupiers and landlords. Our clients include local to national and international clients including Guardian News & Media, Ericsson, Becton Dickinson and Huawei along with local businesses and investors.
Experience/knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred:
- acquisition & disposal of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- drafting and negotiating commercial leases and ancillary documents
- management of properties such as licences to assign, underlet or carry out alterations and drafting and negotiating contracts and transfers
- secured lending
The following skills/attributes are essential:
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- excellent organisational skills
- excellent IT and keyboard skills and working knowledge of MS Word & office suite
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- self-motivation and hunger to succeed
- willingness to represent the Team and the Firm to the business community and help grow the Team’s client base
- ability to manage own caseload with appropriate supervision
- strong academic achievement
The Team works closely with the Firm’s property dispute resolution team that takes responsibility for contentious Landlord & Tenant matters such as service of statutory notices, dilapidations and other property disputes and support on break notices.
Team members are given direct client contact and are encouraged to develop strong working relationships with clients, referrers and other members of the business community.