Corporate Solicitor 2-4 years PQE
Salary: £Market rate
Team of 14
- 3 x Partners
- 3 x Senior Associate Solicitors
- 4 x Solicitors
- 3 x Paralegal / Secretary
- 1 x Trainee Solicitor
Experience/ Attributes required
- Minimum of 2 years’ PQE in corporate transactional work essential. Some experience of investment and/or corporate banking work desirable but not essential.
- The successful applicant will be required to:
- Assist on corporate transactions and co-ordinate advice from colleagues in order to achieve positive results for clients;
- deal directly and confidently with sophisticated clients and other senior professionals;
- run due diligence and disclosure processes;
- manage smaller transactions;
- effectively and proactively interact with other colleagues from across the firm’s wider business services group; and
- prioritise work to fulfil objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a pre-requisite together with possessing excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Work as an effective team member.
- Possess a commercial approach.
- Prepared to take a proactive role in business development.
The team deals with the full spectrum of corporate advisory work with a large proportion of time dealing with shares and business acquisitions and disposals. Transaction values typically range from £1 million to circa £50 million.
The team provide ongoing support for clients requiring governance and strategic advice. This work includes advising on a wide variety of corporate issues including articles of association, shareholders’ agreements and restructuring. We also handle debt and equity funding arrangements (advising investors and investees) and advise on share schemes and joint ventures.
A significant proportion of the group’s work has an international element – particularly involving clients in the US.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution and the employee contributes 4%
- Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
- Private medical cover
- Season ticket travel loan
Our Clients are medium to large privately owned companies, multinational and public companies most commonly operating in the wider technology sector and a significant number of whom are US-based. We believe that the quality of our client base is unrivaled amongst other professional firms within the Thames Valley.
Boyes Turner is a highly regarded commercial law firm specialising in technology and international matters. We are top ranked for many areas of expertise in both Legal 500 and Chambers guides.
Excellent working conditions and a modern, forward thinking, friendly team which fully embraces flexible working arrangements for all.