Court of Protection Senior Associate Solicitor 5+ years PQE
Role: Court of Protection Senior Associate Solicitor 5+ years PQE
Team: Court of Protection
Head of group: Ruth Meyer
- 2 x Partners
- 3 x Associate Solicitors
- 1 x Senior Paralegal
- 1 x Solicitor
- 6 x Paralegals
- 2 x Secretaries
- 1 x Administrator
Experience and training required:
- Should be ambitious, dynamic and committed to excellent service for vulnerable people.
- Should have excellent experience/qualifications and have worked for a firm known for its high quality Court of Protection work. Must have a sound training in COP work and be able to work unsupervised.
- Exceptional client relationship skills and the ability to understand the range and type of client so as to identify needs.
- Track record of managing other fee earners on complex matters.
- Experience of a Clinical Negligence/catastrophic claims environment required.
- Assisting Ruth Meyer and her team with high value deputyships and private trust work, the successful candidate will play a key role in the management and development of the team and its services.
- Preparing all types of applications to the COP including statutory Wills and gifts, post-settlement applications and applications for ACC authority.
- Assisting in the purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of the client
- Controlling and monitoring clients’ budgets
- Liaising with case managers, therapists, architects, investment managers and IFA’s and other specialists
- Drafting and managing personal injury trusts
- Supervising more junior members of staff
- Proactive marketing.
- A background in advising on elderly client matters is preferred but not required.
Salary: Depending on PQE and/or level of experience
- 25 days holiday
- Fee earner bonus scheme
- Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
- Season ticket loan
Other information and volume of work
Boyes Turner’s Deputyship team is one of the most entrepreneurial, specialist teams of its type in the UK. It has been ranked by both The Legal 500 and Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and Boyes Turner Partners are ranked as leading individuals/experts in their fields.