Salary: £Market Rate
The Employment group are looking for a talented Solicitor with 2-5 years PQE to join them as they continue to expand their business to an impressive range of clients including many blue chip organisations.
- Have a broad understanding of the legal principles involved and experience of assisting with a desire to become an expert in this challenging field.
- You must possess excellent drafting skills, legal analysis, verbal & written communication skills and employment law knowledge.
- An ability and willingness to complete marketing and business development activities is essential
- You must also be able to apply the law with a degree of commerciality and be prepared to give your viewpoint to clients.
- Experience of training seminars and workshop programmes for employers will be an advantage
- HR Support for employer clients on a day-to-day basis
- Guiding clients through disciplinary and other internal proceedings
- TUPE issues in transactional work (including due diligence) and on outsourcing
- Employment termination, including compromise and other settlement agreements, as well as taxation implications and avoidance.
- Advocacy before the employment tribunals and courts
- Litigation unfair and wrongful dismissal claims & sex, race and disability discrimination claims
- Training seminars and workshop programmes for employer clients
- There will be an opportunity to gain experience of immigration and data protection issues.
Example of recent assignments
- In the past 12 months the group has:
- Advised on numerous restrictive covenant and confidentiality issues for both new and former employers, including obtaining injunctions to restrain ex-employees breaches of post termination obligations.
- Continued to advise on a long running equal pay claim.
- Advised on numerous restructuring and TUPE scenarios often involving an international element.
- Sourced international employment advice on a wide range of issues affecting its clients.
- The Group is extremely busy currently handling over 35 Employment Tribunal Claims.
- The Group has seen an increase in the use of SARs against its clients and has assisted its clients to deal with them.
- Although not a mainstay of its practice the Group regularly assist the corporate group on generally small scale due diligence exercises
- The group acts for a number of international and national household names.