Head of Risk and Compliance
Boyes Turner LLP – Head of Risk and Compliance
Boyes Turner is seeking a Head of Risk and Compliance who will work independently in an advisory role ensuring best practice and compliance as required by the SRA and reporting to the Managing Partner. We seek an individual who will champion a culture of compliance throughout the firm to ensure compliance with our external regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment within the professional services sector.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with an ability to influence at all levels and build supportive relationships across the firm.
- Works collaboratively with partners and Management Committee to resolve client conflicts to acceptable outcomes.
- Maintains the highest professional standards to ensure the firm is not in a position of risk.
- Good IT skills and knowledge are essential together with excellent organisational skills.
- Must be able to balance commercial and compliance risks to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Perform risk assessments to understand the level, significance and scope of risk in the firm’s risk and compliance procedures.
- Keep under review and manage policies, systems and controls relating to risk and compliance, breaches and reporting material breaches to the SRA, Information Commissioner’s Office ().
- Keep under review and manage the anti-money laundering policies and procedures and ensure the firm is compliant.
- Support the annual Lexcel accreditation process, the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark for practice management and client care.
- As COLP Advise the Managing Partner and the Partnership in the implementation of risk and compliance matters.
- Be the first point of contact for the firm’s data protection enquiries and Subject Access Requests.
- Investigate and recommend any course of action following any client complaints.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on corrective actions or risk mitigation of potential issues in policies, systems and employee or partner conduct.
- Ensure risk and compliance training is delivered effectively as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of appropriate regulations and internal policies and procedures, including money laundering regulations, General Data Protection Regulations, SRA Handbook, firm standards of client service, anti-bribery and corruption, conflicts of interest, client due diligence etc.
- Be flexible to complete other reasonable tasks as requested within the office environment.
Recruitment Agencies: Please note, we do not require agency support for this vacancy.