Immigration Solicitor - 5 years + PQE
- You will possess a broad understanding of the legal principles involved and be an expert in this challenging field.
- Significant knowledge and experience of UK Corporate immigration issues including Tier 1 and Tier 2 and working with corporate clients on their business immigration requirements
- You must possess excellent drafting skills, legal analysis, verbal & written communication skills and employment law knowledge.
- An ability and willingness to complete marketing and business development activities is essential
- You must also be able to apply the law with a degree of commerciality and be prepared to give your viewpoint to clients.
- Experience of training seminars and workshop programmes for employers will be an advantage
- Independently managing casework;
- Lasing with clients and providing advice over the telephone and other mediums;
- Drafting lists of documents, covering letters and general case correspondence with the Home Office and other authorities;
- Engaging in business development;
- Preparing appeal applications, grounds of appeal, witness statements with occasional representations in Tribunals.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and drafting skills, have the ability to multi-task, work under the pressure of deadlines and meeting clients expectations. Applicants must be able to run their own caseload with minimal supervision. Knowledge of additional language is a bonus.
All candidates should have commercial business awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential to have strong ethical standards, team spirit, be humble and passionate about the work carried out, be able to work to strict deadlines and above all have good organisational and methodical skills.
Example of recent assignments
- Advising motor manufacturer on its Sponsor License Application
- Advising company in respect of potential breaches of sponsor License
- Advising software company on applications for Tier 2 General and Tier 2 ICT visas
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution and the employee pays 4%
- Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
- Private medical cover for employee
- Ability to join fee earner bonus scheme
- Travel season ticket loan scheme available
- Cycle to work scheme available
Boyes Turner’s Employment team is ranked in Tier 1 by Legal 500. Its partners are recognized as experts in their field.
The Group is innovative and seeking to find ways of developing its offering and services to clients harnessing all modern technologies.
The team is looking to recruit at least two enthusiastic and bright candidates. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients local, national and international. Given the structure of the team there will be, in time, real opportunities to progress.
Boyes Turner is a well-known, successful and respected Commercial law firm named in both Legal 500 and Chambers guides. Excellent working conditions and a modern, forward thinking, friendly team.