IT Technical Consultant
IT -Technical Consultant
We are recruiting for an additional Technical Consultant with broad technical skills to join our IT Team.
The Consultant is a pivotal team member as part of the IT team who will be responsible for delivering / supporting business critical transformation projects including – Legal Case Management System/Finance System. Implementation of stable software developments and understanding business requirements to aid the design of a solution that fully meets business needs with future proof scalability.
The candidate will have a commitment to good engineering practices, be self-motivated as well as comfortable managing relationships with outsourced development teams, as and when required.
Central Services – IT at Boyes Turner provides mature agile IT services to multiple internal stakeholders, across a range of key software products and business areas.
Key knowledge areas
- Working knowledge on coding and development of C#, VB.NET, HTML, CSS and SQL
- Able to demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of ASP.NET/Web Applications, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server/SSRS.
- Ability to write stored procedures, write complex SQL queries, ability to analyse SQL data and run SQL scripts
- Logical analytical thinking, proven track record of development complex work flows within regulated industry sectors
- An understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Ability to write APIs to manage the integrations between various systems
- Experience with legal industry and financial management software
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Good understanding of SOAP messaging protocol
- Qualified to HND/BSc level or above
- Working in an Agile environment
- Ability to innovate – to think creatively and outside the box
- Experience of any Thompson Reuter products will be helpful
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Systems Development and Administration
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs.
- Identifying areas for modification in existing and new programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
- As and when required assist the IT Helpdesk team to provide support and maintenance of business applications to the firm.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is created and maintained for all system developments, including the creation of software requirements documentation (SRS).
- Ability to continuously identify opportunities for improving / streamlining system process
- Possesses a broad knowledge of IT with a good knowledge of several generic desktop software tools and, where applicable, deeper knowledge of the software applications used within Boyes Turner with the ability to support applications at 1st / 2nd line level.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills in order to successfully explain complex IT concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to influence others and attention to detail
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution and the employee is also to pay 4%
- Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
- Access to season ticket travel loan and cycle to work schemes