Marketing & Events Assistant - 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £• Market rate & depending on experience. Circa £22,000-£25,000 (Pro rata)
This is an exciting role for a new person to join a vibrant team. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys both digital marketing and events. Our new team member would ideally have a minimum of 12 months digital marketing and events experience, (preferably in a professional services environment) and will be supporting the digital team and manage events.
You will be working closely with the Head of Marketing and Business Development and the Digital Marketing Manager. The role will be responsible for website updates, posting social media content, pulling together monthly internal communications, and managing all aspects of the event process, including regular communication with stakeholders, promoting on our social media channels and website, and to host the events.
We are looking for someone that can comfortably handle organising between 20-30 client-facing events a year, which take place in the office and on occasion at other near-by locations. There may also be some involvement in staff events.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Digital marketing skills – social media and websites.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure content is on brand and correct and that all elements of events are organised.
- The ability to work with all members of the firm to build the necessary team to execute the event, keeping all stakeholders informed as the event progresses.
- Knowledge of CRM tool InterAction (not essential as training can be provided)
- Knowledge of Vuture our e-Marketing automation tool (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Can use creative ways of solving foreseeable problems and working around issues to get the best result for those involved.
- Can display the process of working in a busy events function, previous events roles is required.
- A pro-active mindset to suggest ideas on current projects whilst also thinking of new ideas. An excellent multi-tasker.
- Happy to be client facing as you will be the point person to our clients, both leading up to the event and on the day.
- Ability to have some flexibility to enable you to host events. Our breakfast events typically need a host from between 8am-8:30am and our evening events are typically hosted between 6pm and finishing at approx. 7:30pm.
- Knowledge of setting up and running Webinars (using GoToWebinar).
- Strong team player to help other members of the BD team, as required.
- Knowledge of working within a Business Development team, and a Professional Services firm is preferred.