Head of team
Experience / Attributes required
- Previous experience of family work is highly desirable but not essential, particularly if demonstrating a passion for this area of law
- Professional pro-active approach, with ability to demonstrate initiative
- Strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Work effectively in a team and on your own
- Good knowledge of IT systems and Microsoft office software
- Highly organised with attention to accuracy and detail
- Report directly to head of family team, supporting with a varied caseload of family law matters
- Coordinating and attending client meetings, court hearings and conferences with experts
- Supporting the business development activities of the team, including writing articles and blogs
- Handling initial enquiries from clients
- Dealing with correspondence and documents, including drafting of court forms
- Organising and maintaining up-to-date systems to ensure effective document management
- Meeting clients in person (depending on pandemic restrictions) and via telephone / video call.
- Preparing court bundles
- Administering files as well as opening files on case management system and their day to day maintenance
- Ensuring compliance with file management
- Providing support to other private client teams if required.
- General administrative tasks on files
- Eligible to join the discretionary employee bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution and employees contribute 4%
- Life Assurance – 5 x final salary
- Season ticket travel loan scheme
- Flexibility in terms of remote / office working
Boyes Turner is a well known, successful and respected law firm named in both Legal 500 and Chambers guides. Excellent working conditions in a modern, forward thinking, and friendly team.
This role is an integral part of the growth of our family law team and is ideal for a candidate who is looking to continue their career in family law. You will be providing support on various day to day tasks, with significant opportunity to learn and develop. This offers a genuine opportunity to progress your skills and career, with the ability to over time take on as much responsibility as you desire.