Commercial Property Paralegal/Legal Executive to 2 yrs PQE Solicitor
Boyes Turner is looking to recruit a junior lawyer into its Commercial Property Team.
The Team is ranked in the top tier of Legal 500 and is one of the leading commercial property teams in the Thames Valley.
The Team offers a full range of property services for a variety of clients across the Thames Valley and the South East. Work includes advising on general commercial property transactions, development, secured lending, planning, construction and residential conveyancing. The Team also supports the Firm’s Corporate Team.
Commercial property work undertaken includes freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, lease renewals and portfolio management for occupiers and landlords including clients such as Reading School, Pentax, Vistra, management companies, Reading Football Club, offshore clients, land promoters Mattioli Woods PLC, Guardian News & Media, Ericson etc.
Experience/knowledge of some or all of the following is preferred:
- acquisition & disposal of commercial property
- drafting and negotiating commercial leases and ancillary documents
- drafting and negotiating contracts and transfers
- secured lending
- ideally some knowledge of strategic land transactions including options, land promotion agreements, conditional contracts.
The following skills/attributes are essential:
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- excellent organisational skills
- excellent IT and keyboard skills and working knowledge of MS Word & office suite
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- self-motivation and hunger to succeed
- willingness to represent the Team and the Firm to the business community
- ability to manage own caseload with appropriate supervision
- strong academic achievement
The Team works closely with the Firm’s property dispute resolution team that takes responsibility for contentious Landlord & Tenant matters such as service of statutory notices, dilapidation and other property disputes and exercise of break notices.
Team members are given direct client contract and are encouraged to develop strong working relationships with clients, referrers and other members of the business community.