Unconscious bias is a real issue for HR in their drive to create more inclusive and diverse workplaces. Engaging employees and creating workplace cultures that allow everyone to achieve their potential can make the difference between success and failure for a business. Have you ever stopped to think what unconscious bias really is and how it can impact upon the decisions we take as people leaders, managers, business owners and HR, regardless of how fair and objective we think our people processes and inclusivity strategies are? How can we all be more self-aware and encourage more open and inclusive workplaces?
Join Emma O’Connor of Boyes Turner’s HR Training Academy and Di Airey of Diversity Dynamics for a high level focused workshop training session on unconscious bias in the workplace.
During this session we will focus on:
- What is unconscious bias and how can we spot it in both behaviour and language?
- What are the key unconscious bias risk areas for organisations?
- How and why are our decisions at risk from bias?
- How can we put in place checks and balances to mitigate for bias and avoid allegations of unfair practice?
- How can we make managing unconscious bias a component of your organisation’s diversity and inclusion efforts?
- How can we role model best practice and support others in understanding and managing their own biases?
Why you should attend this course
Working in small groups, this workshop style session is your chance to hear about the issues, share experiences with fellow HR professionals, meet our lawyers and develop your organisation’s unconscious bias strategy. This course is your chance to take some time out of your day to really focus on this important issue.
This course is aimed at HRD level, business owners, people leaders, managers and HR professionals. Whether you have attended equality training or not, this course gives a different and valuable perspective. With employment tribunal claims on the rise, this training opportunity is not to be missed.
This course can also be run in-house for your leaders and managers either as a half or full day course.
Please speak to Emma O'Connor at eo'[email protected] for more information.
Book on this course and receive £50 off your next half day 2019 HR Training Academy course (to be used once by the named delegate off a full price training course, and not in conjunction with another offer or discount).
click here to book a place
For more information, please contact Emma O'Connor