Please note that this event has now finished.
We understand the importance of training managers on their employment law responsibilities. We see how situations can escalate - be it conduct or performance or anything else - if they are not managed quickly and within the legal parameters. We know how important a manager is in the employment relationship. We also understand that for some organisations, running manager training programmes is difficult either because of numbers or time. That's why Boyes Turner's HR Training Academy is giving managers the chance to attend its popular Essential employment law training course for Managers.
This day long, manager focused course will focus on:
- Recruitment pitfalls
- Focus on discrimination and equality and what risks come with recruitment, and why it's important to keep a paper trail to protect yourself and the business
- Why recruitment is key and how we can get it right
- What are the different types of discrimination?
- Who is protected?
- What are reasonable adjustments?
- What are the key risk areas?
- Family-friendly rights
- What are family-friendly rights?
- Where does discrimination interact with family-friendly rights?
- Social media
- Why is social media a problem?
- How should managers deal with their own social media and that of their team?
- When is the Company responsible for actions on social media in and outside of work?
- When is disciplinary action and dismissal fair?
- Difficult management issues and managing conflict
- How to conduct disciplinaries and grievances
- How to deal with poor performance
- How to deal with short and long-term absences and why they need to be treated differently
- Stress management
- Why is this important? What happens when it goes wrong?
- We will look at what a tribunal is and what the consequences are of getting it wrong
- What are our disclosure obligations and what do we need to be careful about
- What is it like to be a witness
This is a course designed for managers, dealing with key employment law and people related issues managers need to know about.
Join other managers, share experiences and hear how to avoid workplace conflicts. Manager training can also give organisations defences in certain employment tribunal claims.
This course is suitable for those who are stepping up to management, managers who have never had any people or employment law training, or those managers who need a refresher. Also, if you are in HR and want to experience a manager focused training course before embarking on a training programme for your organisation, please do book on.
If you are interested in running this course in house for your managers, please email us.
For more information, please contact Darren Smith