Please note that this event has now finished.
Chaired by Kate Rawlings, Lung Cancer CNS with Royal Berkshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, this free study day at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Reading will be of interest to all healthcare professionals in primary and secondary care sectors who are involved in the management of patients with mesothelioma.
Diagnosis, treatment and patient welfare will be presented and discussed in an interactive setting.
Talks will include:
- The Mesothelioma Journey - Sarah Smith, Lung Cancer & Mesothelioma CNS, Bristol Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The evolving role of surgery in Mesothelioma - Mr John Pilling, Consultant Thoracic Surgeon, Guys & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Percutaneous Cervical Cordotomy for mesothelioma pain - Dr Nick Campkin, Consultant in Pain Medicine, Portsmouth Hospitals Trust
- Mesothelioma: an oncological perspective - Dr Richard Brown, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
- A systematic review comapring the experience of people with mesothelioma and lung cancer - Hannah Ball, Lung Cancer & Mesothelioma CNS, Oxford University Hospitals Trust
- The challenges of symptom control in mesothelioma patients - Dr Maeve McKeogh, Palliative Care Consultant, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Sue Ryder Care & Dr Kat Naessens, Registrar
- Helping your patient stay in control: advanced care planning - Dr Susi Lund, Palliative Care Nurse Consultant, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
There will also be solicitors' case studies from:
- Charlotte Osmond of Boyes Turner
- Nicola Maier of Irwin Mitchell
- Greame Chisolm of Novum Law
This event is sponsered by Boyes Turner, Irwin Mitchell, Novum Law and Eli Lilly and Company.
Book now to secure your free place - email Charlotte Hemmings,[email protected].
If you have any queries please contact Charlotte by email or on +44 (0)1179 309 599.