Boyes Turner's Development and house building team acts for house builders, land owners and investors in respect of residential, commercial and mixed use schemes in and around London and the South of England. Developments range from single unit commercial or residential schemes to larger multi-phase mixed use developments and care facilities with significant infrastructure.
The team also includes one of the Thames Valley's few specialist Plot Sales teams which enables it to work seamlessly with clients - from site acquisition to disposal of the final plot.
The Development and house building team specialises in advising land owners and developers on long term strategic acquisitions and disposals and promotion, collaboration and consortium arrangements as well as site assembly and conditional and unconditional transactions.
It has a wealth of experience advising clients on securing overage, clawback and deferred payments and on issues concerning easements, covenants and indemnity insurance.
In addition, help and advice on planning and infrastructure agreements is regularly provided including arrangements involving section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act, permitted development rights and the Community Infrastructure Levy. It also advises on utility and highway agreements.
Assistance is given in respect of all elements of primary and secondary acquisition and development finance and joint venture structures. The team acts for a number of banks and financial institutions in connection with secured lending for development projects.
- Site assembly and disposals
- Conditional and unconditional development transactions
- Short term and strategic options
- Joint venture and building agreements
- Collaboration, consortium and promotion agreements
- Assignments, sub-sales and "back to back" transactions
- SDLT & property related VAT
- Advising receivers in connection with disposals for banks or other secured lenders
- Advising funders on development finance & security arrangements
- Planning and infrastructure agreements
- Easements, covenants & indemnity insurance
- Overage, claw-back and indexation
- Plot sales and estate management arrangements
- Advising borrowers/lenders on funding facilities for development companies/development finance
- Acquisitions and disposals of development companies
- Advising lenders or insolvency practitioners on the management or disposal of distressed development assets
- Incorporating companies for use by development companies – such as estate management companies
- Advising on shareholders agreements for development companies
- Commercial disputes
- Advising on director's duties
- Intellectual property disputes
- Employment disputes/advising on contracts of employment
- Advice on health and safety and other regulatory issues
- Supply contracts for suppliers to the development industry
- Misrepresentation claims on disposals of houses
- Disputes concerning covenants, easements or property contracts
- Advising on professional negligence claims concerning negligent advice on development matte
For more information about Boyes Turner's Development & house building sector please click here.