Boyes Turner’s Dispute resolution group has one of the largest commercial litigation teams in the region. We act for both claimants and defendants and specialise in large complex pieces of litigation.
We advise on a wide range of complex and multi-party commercial disputes, including those with an international element. Clients range from PLCs through to SMEs and individuals.
The group’s work covers a wide spectrum of claims where the strict legal rights and wrongs are often only one of the factors to be taken into account in obtaining a successful result for the client. Proactive practical advice on litigation and settlement strategy is provided which can often make all the difference in delivering a commercially advantageous solution for clients. In addition to providing direct advice on a variety of disputes, including contractual, financial and other commercial claims the group provides specialist cross-disciplinary support to other parts of the firm covering construction, High Court employment cases, IT, intellectual property, landlord and tenant, property and probate disputes.
In the provision of our services we believe that the following values are of key importance to our relationship with clients:
- A clear understanding of our clients’ business and its needs
- Proactive advice geared towards the commercial priorities of the client (as opposed to focussing narrowly on legal issues)
- Accessibility and the ability to respond quickly
- Delegation of cases to the appropriate level of fee earner whilst retaining a close relationship between partner and client
- Clear and documented advice about costs
Services provided cover a broad range of disputes including:
- Contract and commercial
- Debt recovery
- Directors duties
- Information technology
- Intellectual property
- Landlord and tenant
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Product liability
- Professional disciplinary proceedings
- Professional negligence