Technology has transformed the way business is done. With the ever increasing dependency on complex IT systems, IT contract disputes are becoming more commonplace. Our IT disputes team understand the significant potential for disagreements arising from investment in IT and that frequently a key driver in the resolution of IT disputes is the need to preserve commercial relationships.
The lawyers in our IT disputes team specialise in dealing with the legal issues and disputes resulting from all types of IT contracts including:
- Breaches of software and hardware maintenance and support agreements.
- Software licensing issues including breach of copyright claims.
- Hardware and software implementation including both bespoke and off the shelf solutions.
- Software development contracts.
- Issues arising out of the termination of IT contracts.
Acting for both suppliers and customers, the IT disputes service has a track record of helping clients ensure that legal problems arising from IT disputes are resolved quickly and cost effectively.
The service is particularly successful in settling disputes prior to court proceedings by helping clients manage contractual issues before they reach the stage of a full blown dispute and by using mediation and commercial negotiation where appropriate which can help to preserve working relationships.
If court proceedings cannot be avoided the firm's IT disputes lawyers have considerable experience of bringing and defending claims in the Commercial Court and the Technology and Construction Court.