The Life Sciences team advises companies in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, and is ideally placed close to the Oxfordshire life sciences cluster.
Clients range from early-stage university spin-outs, emerging biotechnology, bioinformatics and medical devices businesses to mature pharmaceutical companies. Assistance is provided in areas including:
- Early-stage funding, venture and development capital
- Technology transfer, IP licensing
- Collaborations and joint ventures
- Domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions
- Employee incentivisation and share option schemes
- Competition law
- Data protection
Examples of the Life Sciences team's work in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors include:
- Providing advice to a leading Swiss supplier to the life sciences industry on its acquisition of gene expression technology and licence back of patents for joint development purposes.
- Supporting a leading data analysis IT solutions company in the pharmaceutical sector in negotiating master services agreements and statements of works with GSK, Novartis, Astra Zeneca and others for IT tool bespoking and provisions of services in data analysis for these biopharmas.
- Advising a Swiss biotech company on collaboration agreements with universities; technology transfer agreements and sponsorship agreements.
- Advising a leading global healthcare company on its distribution arrangements in the UK to include logistics and warehousing contracts in respect of licensed and unlicensed healthcare products and also in connection with producer licences for healthcare products to be manufactured in the UK.
- Providing advice to a pharmaceutical development organisation on contracts within CROs and biopharmas specialising in gastroenterology to hold marketing authorisations for importation and product distribution in the UK.
- Advising a joint replacement technology company on contractual supply agreements.
- Advising marketing and communications agencies on framework agreements for the provision of creative services to clients in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
- Acting for numerous university spin-out companies in securing their IP and early and later funding rounds.
- Advising a biotechnology company using advanced genetics to develop solutions for the management of insect pests.
- Advising a company developing patient-monitoring software in successive funding rounds and in its joint venture with a leading engineering company.
- Advising a drug discovery company in its Series C venture capital financing.