Boyes Turner's Property Development service acts for national and regional developers on all types and size of residential, commercial and mixed use schemes. These range from single unit commercial or residential schemes to larger multi-phase mixed use developments and care facilities each with significant infrastructure.
It includes one of the Thames Valley's few specialist Plot Sales teams which enables it to work seamlessly with clients - from site acquisition to plot disposal.
The Property Development service specialises in advising land owners and developers on long term strategic acquisitions and disposals and promotion, collaboration and consortium arrangements as well as site assembly and conditional and unconditional transactions. There is also particular expertise in joint ventures with an emphasis on achieving secure structures which minimise exposure to SDLT.
A wealth of experience exists in advising clients on securing overage, clawback and indexation payments and on issues concerning easements, covenants and indemnity insurance.
In addition, help and advice on planning and infrastructure agreements is regularly provided including arrangements covered by section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act, the Community Infrastructure Levy and utility and highway agreements.
Assistance is also given in respect of all elements of acquisition and development finance.
Development expertise includes:
- Joint venture and building agreements.
- Collaboration, consortium and promotion agreements.
- Site assembly and disposals.
- Conditional and unconditional development transactions.
- Short term and strategic options.
- Assignments, subsales and "back to back" transactions.
- Access to an in-house planning team.
- SDLT and property related VAT.
- Affordable housing.
- Advising Receivers in connection with disposals on behalf of banks or other secured lenders.
- Advising primary and secondary funders on development finance and security arrangements.
- Planning and infrastructure agreements.
- Easements and covenants and indemnity insurance.
- Environmental issues and contaminated land.
- Overage, claw-back and indexation.
- Plot sales and estate management arrangements.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for land owners and developers in connection with complex strategic developments including drafting and negotiating promotion agreements and strategic options.
- Advising a developer in connection with a development agreement relating to a 500 unit residential development scheme on redundant hospital sites.
- £4.5 million sale of riverside offices for redevelopment.
- Disposing of a mixed use development comprising 25 commercial units and in excess of 350 residential units on behalf of Receivers.
- Advising a developer in connection with the acquisition and disposal of secure and non-secure medical facilities.
- Advising a developer in relation to acquisition of high value residential sites on Wentworth and St George's Hill Estates.
- Advising clients on the acquisition of residential development sites in central and west London including £9.5m acquisition of a listed building for conversation into luxury apartments.
- £17.5 million development of seven luxury houses in Buckinghamshire.
- Advising local and regional residential developers on residential and mixed use site acquisition and disposals and plot disposals.
- Acting for developers of a mixed use site with an anchor letting to a national retailer with a GDV of £30 million.
- Acting for developers in connection with refinancing of a £10 million revolving facility including a charge over a development agreement.