Advanced engineering and manufacturing is recognised by the UK Government as one of the
lynchpins of the UK’s Industrial Strategy for our future economic growth, prosperity and well being.
Best described as technological processes and knowledge in relation to any manufacturing sector that can provide cutting edge or innovative entrepreneurial solutions, advanced engineering spans a whole range of new areas of industry from renewable energy through to advanced silicon design. In sectorial terms it is present in:
- aerospace and automotive manufacture
- defence; oil and gas; water and energy technologies
- life sciences
- industrial process control equipment
- imaging equipment and optical instruments
- medical devices and other precision instruments
- hi-tech consumer products
Boyes Turner has a long track record acting for businesses across the UK and abroad engaged in all the above activities and we regularly advise our clients on:
- the protection of their intellectual property and its commercial exploitation
- keeping confidential information and business know-how secure
- drafting and negotiating licensing and collaboration agreements with Universities
- joint ventures in the UK and internationally
- the negotiation of upstream and downstream trading agreements
- growth funding, mergers & acquisitions and disposals
- employment compliance and issues including TUPE and Health & Safety
- their property requirements
- disputes including product liability claims
- competition law issues
- regulatory issues
How we can help
Using our wealth of experience and genuine interest in how things work, we can guide start ups and spin outs through the early stages of their growth.
For businesses entering into international transactions or exporting we can provide support based on many years of conducting negotiations right across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
For international businesses looking to expand into the UK and EU market places we support foreign direct investment and trading arrangements.
We like to get “under the bonnet” of our client businesses, to understand their technologies and their objectives, to provide clear and succinct advice, in particular, helping our clients to understand and manage risk through contracts, bringing to bear our wide sectorial experience.
We aim to develop strong and lasting working relationships supporting each of our clients on their business journey as evidenced by the many clients for whom we have been their chosen advisers stretching back decades, offering strategic advice at boardroom level to the nitty-gritty of contractual negotiations; whether it be keeping them out of trouble or tackling problems as they arise.
Our clients range from music creation and reproduction technology through to electric and electronic
consumer products through to water treatment solutions.