(ASSOCIATE - SOLICITOR)
"Mr. Harris was diligent in his efforts to inform me of his dealings with the Leasehold Management Company on my behalf. I was delighted with the outcome. Mr. Harris must be congratulated on his professionalism and incisive arguments. I will not hesitate to seek his advice in future should the need arise."
Darryn qualified and practiced as an attorney in South Africa before emigrating to the United Kingdom in 2003. He worked in a number of central and local governments roles before qualifying as a solicitor in 2008. Since qualifying Darryn has worked in both the public and private practice sectors in London, gaining further valuable litigation experience.
Areas of expertise
Darryn has a wealth of litigation experience especially in the area of property disputes and has successfully represented a number of landlords at the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and County Court. He manages an extensive caseload covering various areas of law including statutory nuisance claims, unauthorised traveller encampments, injunctions and commercial and residential property related disputes.
General Property Disputes including:
- Boundary disputes
- Neighbour disputes
- Restrictive Covenants
- Adverse Possession
- Statutory Nuisance (Private prosecutions)
Commercial Property Disputes (Landlord and Tenant) including:
- Contentious and non-contentious business lease renewals
- Rent and service charge recovery (including Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery, court proceedings and insolvency proceedings)
- Disputes over breaches of covenant including forfeiture or relief applications
- Service charge disputes
- Exercising break options
- Recovery of land or premises from unlawful occupiers or squatters
- Lease surrender negotiations
- Disputes over consent to assignment, sub-letting, change of use, alterations
- Recovery of premises from unlawful occupiers
Residential Property Disputes (Landlord and Tenant) including:
- Recovering possession of property
- Rent recovery (including court and tribunal proceedings, and insolvency proceedings)
- Service charge disputes, challenges and consultations
- Applications to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and the Upper Tribunal
Darryn is a member of the Law Society and the Property Litigation Association.