(SENIOR ASSOCIATE - SOLICITOR)
“The ‘energetic and proactive’ Oliver Fitzpatrick assists on all manner of restructuring and insolvency-related issues…Sources single out his ’eye for detail’ and ‘approachable personality’".
CHAMBERS GUIDE TO THE LEGAL PROFESSION
Since qualifying in 2011, Oliver has specialised in acting predominately for insolvency practitioners but also for companies, directors and private individuals on a range of litigious, transactional and advisory matters in both personal and corporate insolvency procedures.
He has been ranked as an ‘Associate to Watch’ by Chambers UK and is a member of R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals and the Law Society.
Areas of expertise
- Business support and insolvency, specifically administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies, voluntary arrangements and receiverships
- Issuing and defending substantial and complex claims involving antecedent transactions (such as claims for unlawful preferences and transactions at an undervalue), wrongful and fraudulent trading, misfeasance, illegal dividends and unlawful loans
- Asset realistion (including business and asset sales and possession and sale applications for properties)
- Obtaining worldwide freezing injunctions
- Advising on the enforceability of Retention of Title clauses
- Issuing proceedings pursuant to sections 234, 236 and 366 of the Insolvency Act 1986 to obtain information and documentation required by insolvency practitioners
- Validation Orders
- Issuing and defending creditors’ winding up and bankruptcy petitions
- Avoidance of property dispositions