“provides an exemplary service and has an eye for detail but a commercial nous which assists an officeholder”
CHAMBERS GUIDE TO THE LEGAL PROFESSION
Since qualifying in 2011, Oliver has specialised in acting predominately for insolvency practitioners but also for companies, directors and private individuals on a range of litigious, transactional and advisory matters in all areas of both personal and corporate insolvency procedures.
He has been ranked as ‘Star Associate’ by Chambers UK, a ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ in the latest Legal 500 directory and is a member of R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals and the Law Society.
Areas of expertise
- Business support and insolvency, specifically administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies, voluntary arrangements and receiverships
- Issuing and defending substantial and complex claims involving antecedent transactions (such as claims for unlawful preferences and transactions at an undervalue), wrongful and fraudulent trading, misfeasance, illegal dividends, and unlawful loans
- Asset realisation (including business and asset sales and possession and sale applications for properties)
- Obtaining worldwide freezing injunctions
- Advising on the enforceability of Retention of Title clauses
- Issuing proceedings pursuant to sections 234, 236 and 366 of the Insolvency Act 1986 to obtain information and documentation required by insolvency practitioners
- Validation Orders
- Issuing and defending creditors’ winding up and bankruptcy petitions
- Avoidance of property dispositions