"A client favourite with a 'wealth of experience and a hands on approach.'"
"good pragmatic lawyer."
"easy to work with and prepared to give advice rather than just present the law."
"A strong negotiator who understands priorities clearly, offers sound advice and gets the best deal for his clients."
CHAMBERS GUIDE TO THE LEGAL PROFESSION
Robert has headed the Corporate group at Boyes Turner since January 2011. He is recognised as a leading corporate solicitor in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is also specifically highlighted for corporate/commercial expertise in the current edition of The Legal 500.
Robert’s clients range from multi-million dollar listed US corporations, through to medium sized businesses and exciting start-up ventures.
Areas of expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions – advising both buyers and sellers of shares and businesses across all industry sectors and a wide range of deal sizes.
- Financing – advising lenders and borrowers on the terms of facility and security documentation, security structures, examination of more technical issues such as commercial benefit and preparation of legal opinions on enforceability of obligations.
- Investment – advice to angel investors and companies seeking early stage or subsequent investment.
- Joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and share option arrangements – preparation of joint venture agreements and joint venture articles of association. Advice to owners of businesses on the terms of their shareholder agreements, articles of association and share option arrangements.
- General corporate advisory – advice on governance, directors' duties and general business advisory.
- Partnerships and LLPs – advice on the formation of LLP's and preparation of members and partnership agreements.