1 Legal information
Before 1 October 2011, Boyes Turner was a general partnership constituted under the laws of England and Wales. Some documents available through this website were produced before 1 October 2011. Nothing in those documents is to be taken to indicate that Boyes Turner LLP or any of its limited liability affiliated undertakings are unlimited liability undertakings or general partnerships.
Boyes Turner LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under number OC360595. It is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA") of England and Wales under number 555453 and VAT number GB 118 9203 17. A list of the members of Boyes Turner LLP, and of the non-members who are designated as partners, and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at the registered office, Abbots House, Abbey Street, Reading, England. The term "Partner" is used to refer to a member of Boyes Turner LLP or to an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
Boyes Turner LLP is not authorised by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). However, we are included on the register maintained by the FSA to enable us to carry out insurance mediation. Broadly this is advising on selling and administration of insurance contracts. The register can be accessed via the FSA’s website at www.fsa.gov.uk/register.
Boyes Turner is a trading style of Boyes Turner LLP.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this policy, please contact [email protected]. We will do our best to deal with your questions or queries as soon as possible.
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. Updates will be marked with a new edition number and dated accordingly. You agree to review this Policy regularly and to be bound by the Policy then in force as it appears on our website.
2.2 Privacy legislation
Boyes Turner is subject to UK and European privacy legislation, which regulates the use of individuals’ personal information. This legislation imposes specific requirements on Boyes Turner. All personal information supplied by you to us online via the website will be protected by us in accordance with current applicable privacy legislation and the terms of this Policy.
2.3 What personal information do we collect?
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal information in order for you to access the general information sections of the website. However, if you wish to benefit from any of the online services that we offer via the website and/or to register with us, you will need to provide us with certain personal information such as your name and contact details including your e-mail address. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the types of services which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information from you:
- Electronic Newsletter– In the event that you request us to send you electronic newsletters, we will collect and hold your name and contact details including your e-mail address. You may at any time remove yourself from our mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter.
- Store – If you choose to purchase any services from us via the Store, we will collect and hold certain personal information such as your name and contact details.
- Forum – If you subscribe to any of our online chat forums via the website, we will collect and hold personal information that you provide such as your name and contact details.
- Careers – If you choose to submit a job and/or vacation placement via the website we will collect and hold the information that you provide in that application. This information may include and sensitive personal details, such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, medical history and details of any criminal offences and/or involvement in any criminal proceedings. We will only hold and use the information you provide to us in an application for the sole purpose of considering your application and not for any direct marketing purposes.
2.4 How will we use your information?
Except as otherwise stated above, we will use the information that you provided to us online for the purposes of:
- providing you with any service(s) that you have requested;
- dealing with your requests and/or enquiries;
- carrying out analysis;
- improving the quality of our services;
- maintaining our records for administrative purposes;
- tracking activity on our website;
- protecting our website against unauthorised access;
- assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries;
- complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
- sending you marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Except as provided below, we will not share your personal information with any third parties:
- We may be required by law to disclose your personal information to third parties such as the Law Society and/or the Financial Services Authority.
- If you choose to purchase any goods and/or services via the Store, we will pass your personal information to PayPal (or such other payment service provider we may use from time to time). Any such third party will require further information from you in order to process your payment.
- We may disclose your personal information to the police or other public sector bodies with authority to request such information and/or fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, to prevent, detect or discourage crime and/or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
Boyes Turner sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
We may sometimes use an internet device called a cookie to store login or other information on your computer. However, it must be noted that cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
We use Google Analytics to store information such as the time you visit the Website, whether you have visited before and the website that you visited prior to visiting our Website. For further information about Google Analytics please see http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Transfer of personal information
By submitting personal information to Boyes Turner via the website, you agree that Boyes Turner may legitimately transfer your personal information to third parties located outside of the European Economic Area.
You also agree that in the event that Boyes Turner were to undergo any form of restructuring, whether by acquisition, merger or otherwise, we may continue to use and share your personal data across the restructured firm.
Changes and Information
Should you wish to have your information updated or corrected, you may either access and correct your Internet registration record online or, alternatively, you may contact [email protected]oyesturner.com. We will use our reasonable endeavours to update or correct your information as soon as possible.
Boyes Turner operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by users of our website and our clients.
Please note that whilst we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information and/or other data that you disclose to us online via the website. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Copies of personal information
In the event you require a copy of your personal data that we retain, we will provide it to you once we receive the statutory fee.
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to database rights) in all materials included on the website (including without limitation designs, texts, pictures, graphics, logos, images and the selection and arrangement of them) and in all software compilations, coding, underlying source code and software belong to us unless otherwise acknowledged. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED.
Whilst you may print or download extracts from the website for your personal use you may not otherwise download, copy, reproduce, redistribute, republish, transmit, adapt, alter, create derivative works from or otherwise extract or reutilise any material contained on this website for commercial purposes.
Linking to or framing of this website without the prior written consent of Boyes Turner is prohibited.
From this website you may be able to access websites operated by others. We do not endorse such websites nor do we accept responsibility for any damage or loss you may suffer from accessing such websites or any material on them.
Please note that viruses and similar destructive programs are an inherent risk of communication via the Internet. Whilst we will use our reasonable endeavours to prevent contamination of any material accessed by you via the website, we do not to the maximum extent permitted by law, accept any liability for any virus or similar destructive code which computer equipment and/or software used by you may suffer as a result of you accessing this website and/or as a result of any other communication via the Internet between you and us.
It is your sole responsibility to scan what you choose to download from this website to ensure that it is free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other similar destructive code.
If you wish to register to any of the services provided via this website, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself when completing your registration. We will use this information for the purpose of processing and managing your registration and in order to provide the relevant services to you.
Any user name and/or password we issue to you are personal to you and you may not share these with and/or transfer these to any third party. You are solely responsible for any user name and/or password and you shall immediately notify us if you are aware of any breach of security.
Any user name and/or password must not be offensive and/or vulgar and we reserve the right to block your use of the website if we reasonably believe the user name and/or password to be inappropriate for any reason.
We may at our sole discretion and for any reason, suspend and/or cancel your registration to any of our services.
You understand and agree that all material that you post onto any online chat forum and/or any other area of the website, are your sole responsibility. This means that you and not us are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post and/or e-mail via our forums and the website.
We do not control the content posted via any forum and/or chat area and we therefore do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity and/or quality of the content.
Under no circumstances will we be in any liable for any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content on the website. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for evaluating all risks associated with the use of any content.
You are prohibited from posting and/or transmitting to or from this website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence and/or privacy, and/or which may be detrimental to our reputation or to the reputation of any third party, cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- that is unsolicited and/or unauthorised, including but not limited to any marketing materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary consents licences and/or approvals;
- which is illegal or otherwise contrary to and/or infringes the rights of any third party; and/or
- which is technically harmful (including without limitation viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms and/or destructive code).
You agree that you will not use any forum area and/or any part of the website to:
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content;
- stalk or otherwise harass, attack, abuse and/or threaten another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities and/or court order requesting us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the above terms.
We may at our sole discretion and at any time modify and/or remove any content posted onto our website.
Website content disclaimer
The information contained in this website is provided on an “as is” basis. The information is given in good faith for general information only and is subject to change without notice. Boyes Turner uses its reasonable efforts to ensure its accuracy but makes no representation and gives no warranty as to its accuracy or otherwise. To the fullest extent permitted by law all such representations and warranties whether expressed or implied are excluded.
Nothing in this website is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as being an offer to enter into a contractual relationship.
The information on this website does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on any information contained in this website as if it were legal or other professional advice.
Boyes Turner accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, which may be suffered by any person in accessing, downloading, using or relying on any information or other materials contained in this website, save that nothing in this notice shall restrict or exclude Boyes Turner’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from Boyes Turner negligence or fraud or which is otherwise not permitted by law.
Any dispute between you and Boyes Turner in relation to this website, or your use of it, or any content shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
From time to time we embed videos from YouTube using YouTube's privacy-enchanced move. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit Google's information page.