- Agency, distribution and franchising
- Brand Guardianship
- Commercial services
- Contracts and risk management
- Data protection and security
- Domain names
- Digital business
- Image rights
- Intellectual Property
- Media and publishing
- Procurement and outsourcing
- Trade marks
- Database rights
Sarah is recognised in Chambers as a notable practitioner and an Associate to watch and has been described by clients as a “solid lawyer with plenty of common sense – very pleasant to deal with and proactive in identifying issues”.
Sarah is a partner in the Commercial & Technology team with a strong portfolio of tech businesses in the technology, digital publishing, advertising and communications sectors. She has more than 13 years’ experience advising on complex technology related projects.
Sarah advises on a wide range of commercial & technology issues and her specialist areas include the licensing of data and digital content, converged technologies, the commercialisation and protection of products, cross border supply chains, marketing and advertising and brand management. She also heads up a team advising clients on data protection and security issues which is critical to technology businesses and she is at the forefront of current data protection developments, leading webinars and writing articles.
Recent work includes:
- Negotiating agreements for the provision of motor related services for a well known classified automotive website.
- Negotiating an agreement for the provision of a used vehicle locater and dealer website services for a manufacturer and its dealer network across Europe.
- Negotiating an agreement for the worldwide distribution of e-periodicals for a newspaper publisher.
- Advising a PR agency on an agreement with a well known mobile phone company for the provision of PR services and drafting further agreements for high profile campaigns launching the company’s new model.
- Negotiating an agreement for the provision of an app store for a mobile phone designer and manufacturer.
- Negotiating rights clearances with artists, record labels and music publishers for a series of concerts throughout the UK with well known artists.
- Advising a global leader in water treatment solutions on its dealer network and drafting international franchise and distribution agreements for the manufacture and distribution of equipment.
- Marketing including advertising, PR and digital for both agencies and clients
- Converged technology and media
- Online publishing
- Licensing digital content
- International and cross border contract advice
- Data protection
- Acting as the sole outsourced counsel for clients on a retained basis providing both strategic commercial and legal advice.
Sarah is a member of the Society for computers and Law and Lawrope.
Sarah studied Law with French Law at Leicester University and as part of her degree, spent a year at Université Jean Moulin III in Lyon. She obtained her LPC at the College of Law Guildford and completed her training contract at Gateley Wareing (now HBJ Gateley Wareing) in Birmingham, qualifying in 2003. She joined Boyes Turner in May 2005.
- Speaker at SCL seminar on social media issues.
- Regular provider of training and seminars on social media, digital media rights, IP and other issues impacting on the media and publishing sectors.
Sarah enjoys cycling, running and providing a taxi service for her two young children.
- Film - Amélie
- Single - Mr Bojangles
- Saying - I’ll do it drekly (Cornish saying!)