Ranked one of the "UK's 200 Best Business Lawyers".
One of the UK's top two regional corporate recovery and insolvency lawyers.
The only corporate recovery lawyer in the Thames Valley to have a UK wide/national reputation for Personal Insolvency work.
The only corporate recovery lawyer in the region to have been ranked as "Best in Class" for over 10 years by both Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession and The Legal 500.
Chris is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner and specialises in both personal and corporate insolvency work. He acts mainly for insolvency practitioners and banks on both contentious and non-contentious issues including:
- Companies - advising directors and shareholders.
- Creditors - advising on the appropriate insolvency process.
- Investigations regarding antecedent transactions.
- Asset tracing nationally and internationally.
- Fraud on companies/HMRC/creditors.
His high profile cases include:
- Advising Pandora Maxwell in her husband Kevin's bankruptcy (the biggest bankruptcy in the UK).
- Advising in respect of the bankruptcy of Michael Bright the former chairman of Independent Insurance.
- Representing the Trustees in Bankruptcy in the cases of snooker player - Jimmy White, and Jack Dunnett a former Labour MP and former chairman of the Football League.
- Acting for provisional liquidators of companies accused of VAT fraud (missing trader carousel fraud) and recovering many millions of pounds for HM Revenue and Customs Carousel fraud. (See the reported decisions in F Options Limited).
- Acting for the Trustee in Bankruptcy in Hellyer v Hellyer in the Court of Appeal (deciding a spouse's right to a lump sum award against a bankrupt).
Chris is currently acting for the trustee in the bankruptcy of Scot Young. Mr Young has come to public attention through press coverage of his divorce from Michelle Young, who accused her husband (a property tycoon and former "fixer" to the ultra-wealthy) of hiding multi-million pound assets in offshore accounts to avoid paying a significant divorce settlement. Mrs Young has claimed he is worth £400 million.
Fraud, asset tracing, provisional liquidations - freezing and search orders.
Insolvency Practitioners Association, the Insolvency Lawyers Association, Proceeds of Crime Lawyer's Association (POCLA), the Bankruptcy and Companies Court Users Committee and a Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals.
After graduating from Kingston University and then qualifying in 1981, Chris worked at Hewetts in Reading where he started working on insolvency cases. He had his first reported decision in 1981- Re Lowrie and joined Boyes Turner in 1988 as a Partner.
A contributor to Totty & Moss - Insolvency
Reported cases include:
- Re Delbeny
- Mullins v PWC (HofL)
- Hellyer v Hellyer (CofA)
- F Options
- Re Hellyer
- 21st Century Logistics Solutions
Chris is an avid outdoor enthusiast - especially clay pigeon shooting and water sports.
He is regularly involved in fund-raising activities for charities which has taken him up Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in South East Asia, and on many bike rides for charity.
- Word - B*****s
- Place in the world - Anywhere where a beautiful sunrise/sunset can be seen
- Desert island item - Scuba diving gear