· Managing diaries of fee earners as required and coordinating meeting logistics.
· General administration, opening and closing of files and associated work, filing, answering telephone calls, following up work via telephone or email on behalf of group fee earners.
· Assisting with the billing process
· Assisting with the maintenance and updating of the team’s databases with periodic reviews
· Producing accurate documentation, reports and correspondence from audio or copy typing as required following standard office practices and precedents.
· Proof reading and collating presentation packs.
· Experience of PowerPoint essential
· Supporting the other members of the secretarial team in the group’s webinar programme.
Experience / Attributes required
· Must be highly organised
· Must work well as a part of a team
· Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills
· Work effectively in a team and on your own
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office software
· Employment law experience not essential but would be advantageous
Team of 17
· 4 x Partners
· 1 x Director
· 1 x Head of Immigration
· 1 x Senior Associate
· 2 x Associate Solicitors
· 3 x Solicitors
· 1 x Trainee Chartered Legal Executive
· 3 x Secretaries
· 1 x Trainee Solicitor
Experience/ Attributes required
Have a broad understanding of the legal principles involved and experience of assisting with a desire to become an expert in this challenging field.
You must possess excellent drafting skills, legal analysis, verbal & written communication skills and employment law knowledge.
An ability and willingness to complete marketing and business development activities is essential
You must also be able to apply the law with a degree of commerciality and be prepared to give your viewpoint to clients.
Advocacy before the employment tribunals and courts
Litigation unfair and wrongful dismissal claims & sex, race and disability discrimination claims
Training seminars and workshop programmes for employer clients
There will be an opportunity to gain experience of immigration and data protection issues.
HR Support for employer clients on a day-to-day basis
Guiding clients through disciplinary and other internal proceedings
TUPE issues in transactional work (including due diligence) and on outsourcing
Employment termination, including compromise and other settlement agreements, as well as taxation implications and avoidance.
Example of recent assignments
Advised on numerous restrictive covenant and confidentiality issues for both new and former employers, including obtaining injunctions to restrain ex-employees breaches of post termination obligations.
Continued to advise on a long running equal pay claim.
Advised on numerous restructuring and TUPE scenarios often involving an international element.
Sourced international employment advice on a wide range of issues affecting its clients.
The Group is extremely busy currently handling over 35 Employment Tribunal Claims.
The Group has seen an increase in the use of SARs against its clients and has assisted its clients to deal with them.
Although not a mainstay of its practice the Group regularly assist the corporate group on generally small scale due diligence exercises
The group acts for a number of international and national household names.
25 days holiday
Pension scheme with a 4% employer contribution and the employee pays 4%
Life Assurance - 5 x final salary
Private medical cover for employee
Ability to join fee earner bonus scheme
Travel season ticket loan scheme available
Cycle to work scheme available
4 x Partners
1 x Head of Immigration
2 x Senior Associate Solicitors – ( 1 Head of employment training)
2 x Associate Solicitor
3 x Solicitor
1 x Trainee chartered legal executive
4 x Secretaries
Boyes Turner’s Employment team is ranked in Tier 1 by Legal 500. Its partners are recognized as experts in their field. The Group is innovative and seeking to find ways of developing its offering and services to clients harnessing all modern technologies.
The team is looking to recruit at least two enthusiastic and bright candidates. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients local, national and international. Given the structure of the team there will be, in time, real opportunities to progress.
Boyes Turner is a well-known, successful and respected Commercial law firm named in both Legal 500 and Chambers guides. Excellent working conditions and a modern, forward thinking, friendly team.
Apply for this role
We have been voted as the leading UK regional law firm to work for in the South East by the Best Company Survey published by the Sunday Times in 2006 and best law firm to work for in the South East for three years in a row.